Mummys World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canon XF Plugin not work for FCP X-MXF files Import to FCP X for Convert MXF to ProRes

Go down

Canon XF Plugin not work for FCP X-MXF files Import to FCP X for Convert MXF to ProRes Empty Canon XF Plugin not work for FCP X-MXF files Import to FCP X for Convert MXF to ProRes

Post  panasonic700 Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:24 am

Best Canon XF video converter on Mac-Canon XF100 to ProRes for FCP X
Convert Canon MXF files to ProRes 422 for Final Cut Pro X Editing and QuickTime Playback

I have a Canon XF100 and would like to get the videos to FCP X. However, there is no Log and Transfer option, and the iSight runs when I click the camcorder button on FCP X. I googled and noticed that there is Canon XF plugin for FCP 7, but Canon XF plugin not work for FCP X yet.

As Canon XF Plugin does not work for FCP X, I have to look for the workaround for editing Canon MXF files on Mac. I find Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac as a great tool to make the videos compatible to Final Cut X. It would Convert Canon .mxf files to ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 (HQ), so that I can import into Final Cut X, export ProRes 422 at the same settings as the original and play it with QuickTime.

Below is the simple step-by-step guide to convert Canon MXF files to ProRes 422 for Final Cut X editing and QuickTime playback.

First, download Canon XF100 videos to Mac with Canon XF Utility. You will get the folder with files like .CIF, .THM, .MXF and .SIF.

Second, import .MXF files to Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac. Just run it as best Canon XF video converter on Mac, then click the Add button to import .mxf files or drag and drop the files to the application UI.

Third, choose Apple ProRes with 1920x1080 output. Click the format option to choose Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422(*.mov) as output format. Click the Settings button to choose 1920x1080 as video size.

Fourth, click the convert button under the preview window to start converting Canon XF100 files to ProRes for FCP X.

Soon after the conversion is done, you can import the ProRes files to Final Cut X and enjoy HD video editing and playback.

Tips:
If you are using iMovie, Final Cut Express, just choose Apple Intermedia Codec as output format for HD video editing.

panasonic700

Back to top Go down