Mummys World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make Sony FS700 compatible for Media Composer 6.5 Mac

Go down

Make Sony FS700 compatible for Media Composer 6.5 Mac  Empty Make Sony FS700 compatible for Media Composer 6.5 Mac

Post  amy19890619 Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:01 am

Sony NEX-FS700 pro-grade 4k-capable E-mount camcorder has all the features of the FS100 but with some big improvements including a 3G-SDI output, ND filters and high-speed recording options. The Sony NEX-FS700U can shoot Full HD 1920 x1080p video as high-quality AVCHD files for you. However, with the 1080/50p, 1080/60p video recording AVCHD file, you may meet some troubles when you import them to Avid Media Composer 6.5 for editing.

I shot footage using the Sony NEX-FS700. When I import the footage into Avid, I found the Media Composer 6.5 cannot handle the AVCHD files well, and some the footage looks washed out and the preview is loggy. Is there anyway to solve the problem? Thanks!

Although Avid MC has added some plug-ins, actually background converters for AVCHD editors, the importing process are unbelievably slow. To find a powerful and profession Mac AVCHD converter becomes more important. Here recommended the .Its great performance makes it much faster to convert AVCHD footages to DNxHD (.mov) with original quality.

Tutorial on converting Sony NEX-FS700 AVCHD to Avid MC 6.5 on Mac

First, Download and install the Mac AVCHD to DNxHD Converter, then launch it to load Sony NEX-FS700 .mts/m2ts clips.
Tip: If you want to join the files as one for easier editing, please tick the box "Merge into one".

Secondly, select Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov) as output format. Then you’d better click Settings to set video size to 1920*1080, frame rate to 30fps generate the best quality video for Avid.

Finally, click Convert button to start to favorable DNxHD video on Mac OS X.

After a successful conversion, you can get the output files via clicking the Open icon. Afterwards, it's easy for you to for editing freely without any problem.

amy19890619

Back to top Go down