Mummys World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transcode MXF for Editing in premiere Pro CC

Go down

Transcode MXF for Editing in premiere Pro CC  Empty Transcode MXF for Editing in premiere Pro CC

Post  FannieJane Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Transcode MXF for Editing in premiere Pro CC

Summary: It is common if you find your MXF files cannot be imported in Premiere Pro CC, this paper can tell you why and how.

'I am relatively new to Premiere from FCP and I've been cutting with it for a few months. I started out with CS6 because I had Snow Leopard. Just recently upgraded to Mavericks and then was able to download Premiere Pro CC. I have a project that I started in CS6 and am now having trouble with it in CC. All my MXF clips are messed up and all playback shows a white screen. How did it happen?’

Although Adobe PP CC offers much better native MXF support than its predecessor, Avid capture MXF files, P2 MXF in P2 card PROXY, etc MXF footages still can’t be supported by Premiere Pro CC. Searched online, you will find some similar questions.

Transcode MXF for Editing in premiere Pro CC  Transcode-mxf-for-premiere-pro-cc-

If you want to import and edit MXF files in Premiere Pro CC in a flawless way, the reliable workaround I've found so far is to transcode MXF to MPEG-2 or WMV, the most edit-friendly format for Adobe(any version). So a professional MXF to Premiere converter is necessary. Why not take the Pavtube iMixMXF for a try? Only works with MXF files, you can enjoy a lot with its good reputation.

Free download and install the program, click 'Add Video' button to import .MXF files. Note that you should find the MXF video from one MXF whole structure folder. Drop down the output list, for suitable output ones, let’s find the item 'Adobe Premiere Pro/Sony Vegas’>>’MPEG-2(*.mpg)'as the best one.

Transcode MXF for Editing in premiere Pro CC  Screen%2BShot%2B2014-08-29%2Bat%2B%E4%B8%8A%E5%8D%8811.11.56

Tip: In case the default settings do not fit your requirement, you can click 'Settings' button and enter 'Profile Settings' panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.

Transcode MXF for Editing in premiere Pro CC  Settings-for-output-formats

Go back to the main interface and hit the 'Convert'to finish the preparation work.

More related:
How to Work Avid MXF with FCP?
Edit HDR-AS100V XAVC S MP4 Files in Avid MC
Make MP4 Files Available with Premiere Pro
Upload XF300 MXF to YouTube, Vimeo
Edit GH4 4K Videos in Premiere Pro

Good News! Pavtube Bundles Dealsare coming! If you want to import/preserve/mix multi-track MXF in MKV/MP4/MOV formats, get multi-track Apple Prores MOV for further editing in Final Cut Pro (X), the following bundled software is your best choice:?

Video Converter($35) + MXF MultiMixer($45) = $54.9, Save $25.1 (buy link)
Video Converter for Mac($35) + iMixMXF($45) = $54.9, Save $25.1 (buy link)

Transcode MXF for Editing in premiere Pro CC  Pavtube-Bundles-Deals

Source from: http://pc-mac-compatibility-issues.blogspot.com/2014/11/edit-mxf-in-premiere-pro-cc.html

FannieJane

Back to top Go down